[webkit-help] [webkit-dev] How to develop NPAPI plugin with webkit lib

Hieu Le Trung hieult at Cybersoft-VN.com
Mon Jul 13 03:18:59 PDT 2009

Zhang,

The napi.h is located under WebCore/bridge folder. Please check to see
why it didn't include in the build.

-Hieu

-----Original Message-----
From: webkit-dev-bounces at lists.webkit.org
[mailto:webkit-dev-bounces at lists.webkit.org] On Behalf Of Jack Wootton
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 4:50 PM
To: Harry Zhang
Cc: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org; webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] How to develop NPAPI plugin with webkit lib

Are you calling NPN_CreateObject using the function pointers that were
exchanged during initialization?

You're probably aware that the browser provides pointers to the
browser side of the NPAPI and it is your job as the plugin author to
populate the function pointers that make up the plugin side of the
NPAPI.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:06 AM, Harry Zhang<zhanghaili at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Besides the issue of missing NPAPI headers, i also failed to find
npruntime
> symbols such as NPN_CreateObject in libwekbit-1.0 (i used objdump -t
> check the symbols), so i got "undefined reference to NPN_CreateObject"
> during the link phase, somehow confused.
> I'm a newbie in this NPAPI plugin area, am i on the right track?
>
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Harry Zhang <zhanghaili at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi all, after i built and make install the webkit (r45555) gtk port
on
>> Ubuntu, i want to develop a NPAPI plugin for webkit, however i cannot
found
>> related NPAPI headers (such as npapi.h, npruntime.h) in webkit-1.0
include
>> directory, can anybody point out where to find these headers, or what
i've
>> missed in the build and install steps?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance!
>>
>> Regards,