[webkit-help] WebSocket failing silently to connect

Richard Jones rj at metabrew.com
Tue Dec 29 04:00:09 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get websockets working. It works in Chrome with various
examples, including my basic test:
<script>
var ws = new WebSocket("ws://127.0.0.1:8000/");
ws.onopen  = function() { alert('onopen'); }
ws.onclose = function() { alert('onclose'); }
</script>

However using the qtlauncher from webkit (built from SVN trunk
yesterday, rev 52605), doing "new WebSocket(...)" doesn't try to make
a connection to the server, and doesn't produce any errors in the
inspector console.
I've tried all sorts, but my basic test is serving something like the
above HTML from http://127.0.0.1:8000 - which works as expected in
chrome.

The build-webkit script does build websockets by default, and
window.WebSocket exists, but just refuses to connect to anything.

Should this be working? If anyone has it working, could you share the
SVN revision number of your build so I can see if that revision works
for me?

Thanks,
RJ