[webkit-help] Help API: What's the *Private Interfaces for? And how to traverse DOM

yuan liu oxthedarkness at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 22:43:57 PST 2009

Hello Guys:

I am planning to make a web-spider that grabs page into snap-shoots on
Windows, with the DOM information(boundary boxes, types of every element,
etc ).

1. Are there documents for the COM interfaces?

2. I am curious of the *Private Interfaces, e.g. IWebViewPrivate,
IWebViewPrivate, what's that 'Private' for?

3. How to traverse the DOM tree to get exact layout of the current webpage?
e.g. Get a link's boundary box from a long text paragraph in a child <div>.

I am adopting Project WinLauncher, and facing a lot of frustration. When I
try to call some method, like IDOMElement::tagName or
IDOMDocumentType::doctype, the system failed and said YOU SHOULD NEVER REACH
HERE.