[webkit-help] run-safari

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon Dec 21 06:10:32 PST 2009

On Dec 21, 2009, at 4:08 AM, krithiga.muruganandam at wipro.com wrote:

> Please help ASAP.when your build was up, in which path did the following  files (WebKit.dll,WebKit.pdb,WebKit.resources,JavaScriptCore.dll,etc) get generated?

These files/folders are put in $(WebKitOutputDir)/bin when building WebKit.

>  When I gave  WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/run-safari     :
>
> File not found - WebKit.dll
> 0 File(s) copied
> File not found - WebKit.pdb
> 0 File(s) copied
> File not found - WebKit.resources
> 0 File(s) copied
> File not found - JavaScriptCore.dll
> 0 File(s) copied
> File not found - JavaScriptCore.pdb
> 0 File(s) copied
> File not found - JavaScriptCore.resources
> 0 File(s) copied
>
>  I got the above msg,however,safari got launched .  I am using the .dll downloaded from the site.

Does this mean that you downloaded a nightly build from nightly.webkit.org? Nightly builds aren't designed to work with run-safari. run-safari is for when you have done your own build of WebKit. Nightly builds can be launched just by double-clicking WebKit.exe after extracting the zip file.

-Adam