[webkit-help] Question about usability of WebKit

jeroen clarysse jeroen.clarysse at telenet.be
Thu Dec 10 01:56:06 PST 2009

Thanks for your reply, Brent !

Still a few more questions though ....

- are there sample applications somewhere with XCode & MSVC projects ? I'm a reasonably trained programmer, but I really fear setting up makefiles and workspaces. I recently spent half a week just to link an application to the SDL library, which is a lot simpler than WebKit I assume. Somehow I see myself giving up on things that are fairly trivial once one has a working, compilable example ! I've been browsing the web for WebKit samples, but really good ones seem very rare :-(

- are apple licenses very though on open source academic projects ?

- i have zero knowledge of cocoa & objC, which is why I was hoping to use Carbon. But I realize that carbon is a dead-end and I have to go with the flow sooner or later. With the SDL application that I was talking about, I managed to grab the SDL XCode sample project and work my way around objC code. Since all I want to do with this next project is simply a wrapper around webkit, I think that with a working example I might get a long way. Or am I mistaken ?

thanks !

jeroen