[webkit-help] click emulation text/image different behavior

Luka Napotnik luka.napotnik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 03:23:38 PST 2009

Hello.

I've created a function to emulate a click event on given X,Y
coordinates. But I'm having a problem in the function behavior.

To emulate the click I first trigger a
MousePressEvent(handleMousePressEvent() call) and then immediately a
MouseReleaseEvent(handleMouseReleaseEvent() call) trigger.

The click works but I get different return values when clicking on an
image and on a text. Both elements are binded to a JavaScript function.

But, if I click on the text, both the press and release calls return
true. Clicking on the image causes press to fail and release to succeed.

Here's my emulation code:
-------------------------------
click1 =
frame->eventHandler()->handleMousePressEvent(PlatformMouseEvent(
        IntPoint(x, y), IntPoint(0,0), LeftButton, MouseEventPressed,
1,
        false, false, false, false, gtk_get_current_event_time()));
    click2 =
frame->eventHandler()->handleMouseReleaseEvent(PlatformMouseEvent(
        IntPoint(x, y), IntPoint(0,0), LeftButton, MouseEventReleased,
1,
        false, false, false, false, gtk_get_current_event_time()));

Any ideas why the different behaviour? Using WebKit gtk+ port rev. ~
47800.

Greets,
Luka