[webkit-help] Relation between RenderLayer and the rendering tree?

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:34:52 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:25 AM, Robin Cao<robin.qxcao at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in hacking on WebCore’s rendering system and i'm reading the
> source.
> What confused me is that what the role does RenderLayer play in the
> rendering process.
> What's the relation between RenderLayer and the rendering tree?

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question. But you may
want to read the WebKit blog posts about rendering, which start here:

http://webkit.org/blog/114/webcore-rendering-i-the-basics/

I also don't see a mention of RenderLayer in the above, but hopefully
you will still find them enlightening. I'm sure someone else will
chime in with more about RenderLayer.

--
Regards,
Ryan