[webkit-gtk] Q: how to disable WebKitWebView scroll bars

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at posteo.de
Thu Jan 4 10:02:47 PST 2024

Hi all,

any WebKitWebView created by calling webkit_web_view_new() is scrollable.  However, in some circumstances, it would be nice if this feature could be disabled.  Consider a GtkBox, added to a GtkScrolledWindow, containing the WebKitWebView plus several other widgets.  In this case, the WebKitWebView should *not* be scrollable, but expanded to its natural size.

So my question is: how can I disable the "scrollable" feature of a WebKitWebView instance completely?

Thanks in advance for any insight,
Albrecht.