[webkit-gtk] Displaying very long HTML documents (books), etc.

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 06:18:13 PST 2024

On Wed, Feb 7 2024 at 03:54:40 PM +02:00:00, Sim Tov <smntov at gmail.com>
wrote:
> 1. What is the maximal HTML document size that still can be displayed
> smoothly?
> 2. Is there a hard limit enforced by WebkitGT

There is no max size. Loading performance will get worse as the max
document size increases. My suggestion is to just try it and see if
it's a problem in practice or not. My suspicion is that it will be able
to handle even extremely long books adequately, but I don't know for
sure.

> 3. Are you aware of any apps implementing the two features mentioned
> in the previous email (so I can look for examples/ideas there)?

No, sorry.

Michael