[webkit-gtk] Enabling SharedArrayBufer in GNOME Web (epiphany)

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 02:14:28 PDT 2023

I have tried both Epiphany Technology Preview 44.0 with WebKitGTK 2.41.5
and stable Web 44.3+ with WebKitGTK 2.40.2 and nowhere in preferences,
neither in about:memory, nor in CLI, I could find a way to enable
SharedArrayBuffer like people using Safari can/do.

I am developing JS/WASM ffi / interpreters / bindings and I am incapable of
using Web as daily driver or even test whatever I write is actually working
in there, as the SharedArrayBuffer is mandatory to enable Atomics and
Worker communication.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you!