[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK 2.36.3 released!
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Sat May 28 02:26:42 PDT 2022
WebKitGTK 2.36.3 is available for download at:
This is a bug fix release in the stable 2.36 series.
What's new in the WebKitGTK 2.36.3 release?
- Support capturing already encoded video streams, which takes advantage
of encoding done in hardware by devices which support this feature.
- Avoid using experimental GStreamer elements for video demuxing.
- Avoid using the legacy GStreamer VA-API decoding plug-ins, which often
cause rendering issues and are not much maintained. Their usage can be
re-enabled setting WEBKIT_GST_ENABLE_LEGACY_VAAPI=1 in the environment.
- Fix playback of YouTube streams which use dynamic ad insertion.
- Fix display capture with Pipewire.
- Fix the build without the X11 target when X11 headers are not present.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
What is WebKitGTK?
WebKitGTK is the GNOME platform port of the WebKit rendering engine.
Offering WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based
APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web
integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with us
- Visit our website at https://www.webkitgtk.org or the upstream
site at https://www.webkit.org - people interested in contributing
should read: https://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html.
- Browse the bug list at https://bugs.webkit.org
WebKitGTK bugs are typically prefixed by "[GTK]." A bug report with
a minimal, reproducible test case is often just as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkitgtk IRC channel at irc.gnome.org or on Matrix at
- Subscribe to the WebKitGTK mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-gtk or the
WebKit development mailing list,
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release, they
are far too many to list!
The WebKitGTK team,
May 28, 2022
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-gtk