[webkit-gtk] WPEWebKit goes half speed

zan at falconsigh.net zan at falconsigh.net
Mon Aug 9 06:46:47 PDT 2021

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021, at 11:11 AM, Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
> cog 0.6 and 2.28 (IIRC) were just fine ... the raspbian image from the wpewebkit site, which has cog 0.6, goes, on the same hardware, more than twice as fast.
>
> Meanwhile, weston 9 happened, mesa brought GLES 3.1 in the game, so it's hard to tell, in isolation, what is causing such drop, but I guess there's nothing bad in the way I build WPEWebKit there, right?
>
> Thanks for the reply though.

No, you build it just fine.

Removal of ACCELERATED_2D_CANVAS option shouldn't have any effect on WebGL content. It was only ever used for 2D canvas, and even there it had varying performance with stability/quality problems. I don't know what the state of it was in 2.28 but when I was removing the feature it wasn't really working anyway.