[webkit-gtk] WPEWebKit goes half speed

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 02:56:45 PDT 2021

Dear list,
  I've recently built wpewebkit 2.32.3 [1] and cog 0.10 [2] and it
starts/runs fine on weston in both Pi 4 32bit, Pi4 64bit, and Pi3 64bit.

However, the jellyfish demo [3] that once run at ~60fps [4] is now ~24FPS
on Pi 4, and ~15FPS on Pi 3. I am not using dedicated cairo glesv2 builds,
just regular cairo, latest mesa drivers, vulkan, and so on.

Does anyone know how come latest builds produces such drop?

Only changes I've seen is that ENABLE_2D_CANVAS_ACCELRATION is
gone/ignored, as parameter, but while everything works OK and seems to be
HW accelerated (compared to regular WebKitGTK that goes ~9fps), I cannot
run smoothly WebGL anymore (haven't tested videos, but these also were
working fine at 720p in all platforms).

Thanks in advance for any kind of hint/direction and, in case it helps,
this is how I build WPEWebKit in all the platforms [5].

Regards,
  Andrea.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wpewebkit-bin/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cog-wpe-bin