[webkit-gtk] Overriding CSS font by custom font

marcoricci2012 at yahoo.com marcoricci2012 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 08:17:53 PDT 2020

How do I override the font specified in websites by a custom font and expand the unicode range that is displayed as my custom font uses many of the slots spread across various ranges? I need to do this for input forms.

I searched online and see creating an "@font-face" block in CSS as a solution, but if I attempt to add such a block, I get an error which says "unknown @ rule" when I load it using gtk_css_provider_load_from_path and then call gtk_style_context_add_provider_for_screen.
I guess that solution only works for Java based programs?

My programs are in C and I use Linux Mint. I have libgtk-3-dev version 3.22.30.
Thanks for any help.
~marco