[webkit-gtk] Please Help me to embed webkitgtk on gtk for windows

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Wed Nov 11 18:03:45 PST 2020

On 11/11/2020 19:17, Lorenzo Miguel Tareszkiewicz Rezende wrote:
> Hello, I received a message saying that my question was reject because i
> wans't subscribe to the maillist, so i subscribe again and i am sending
> it just to make sure you guys received
>
> Hello, I am using gtk for making a cross platform app, and I need a
> WebKitGTK Webview to display some information from the web, but I am
> looking to build webkit2gtk for windows, the problem is that I havent
> found any documentation for it. can you guys help me with this or
> recommend me another webview solution?
> I have already tried:
>
>   * xulrunner: couldn't find documentation or binaries
>   * Servo: mozilla drop support and Could get it to work, more info
>     <https://github.com/servo/servo/discussions/27595>   * Chromuin: Error on windows related to HWDN, also coundn't get any
>     convert method
>   * Netsurf: almost working, javascript wans't working hangout forit to
>     run the webapp
>   * among others...

Unfortunately WebKit2GTK doesn't support Windows, and there isn't any
plan to support it.

If you are ok with workarounds then perhaps you can try to run
WebKit2GTK for Linux inside a virtual machine or inside Window Subsystem
for Linux (WSL) [1]

If you prefer native solutions then you will have to look at other
solutions other than WebKit2GTK. One suggestion is to use CEF (Chromium
Embedded Framework)

Hope it helps.

[1]
http://browsingthenet.blogspot.com/2016/11/how-to-run-epiphany-web-browser-in.html