[webkit-gtk] Gamepads do not work in the flatpak shell.

ChangSeok Oh changseok at webkit.org
Fri May 22 10:30:26 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

Recently, I've added initial gamepad api support to the gtk port. [1]

After switching to flatpak SDK, unfortunately, I found any signal from a
physical gamepad device was not detected in the flatpak runtime
environment. Even a simple demo problem (i.e., manette-test) does not
work in the flatpak shell. Perhaps, flatpak's sandbox is involved with
this problem [2] but there are not many clues to resolve the problem. I
confirm the gamepad works with jhbuild, by the way.

I am not a flatpak expert, I don't know how I can make gamepads work
with flatpak. I would appreciate your suggestions and helps.

[1] https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/261965/webkit
[2] https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/7

Kind,

--