[webkit-gtk] Web Inspector broken in various distributions

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 03:58:42 PDT 2019

I couldn't find anything online related to this, and apologies if this is
not the best place to discuss this, but I think Epiphany Inspector has been
broken for a very long time in latest GNOME, in both ArchLinux and/or
Ubuntu.

Is there some dependency I am missing, in order to have the ability to use
the Web inspector?

The first time I click on "Inspect Element" nothing happens, the second
time I have this at the bottom of any page I try to inspect:

This page contains the following errors:
error on line 43 at column 8: Opening and ending tag mismatch: link line 0
and head
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
WI.sharedApp = new WI.AppController; WI.sharedApp.initialize();

Thanks in advance for any sort of hint, suggestion, solution, or indication.

Best Regards