[webkit-gtk] Web extension disposal notification

Eric Williams ericwill at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 14:06:59 PST 2019

Hello,

I have a web extension that communicates with a main UI process via
DBus, similar to the way Epiphany does it.

What I am looking for is a way to somehow be notified that the extension
is disposed, or will be disposed. This is so that I can cleanup DBus
related stuff in the extension and my main UI process.

The reason I need this is because the extension is created statically on
the first UI instance, though there can be multiple UI instances
created/destroyed over the course of the extension's life. This is why I
somehow want to know when the extension is destroyed so I can clean up
all DBus objects nicely. Any insight on when/how the extension is
destroyed would also be useful.

Thanks,
Eric