[webkit-gtk] TextCodec.cpp lacks include <cstdio> when compiling with clang-7.0

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu May 23 08:07:46 PDT 2019

23.05.2019, 16:54, "Adrian Perez de Castro" <aperez at igalia.com>:
> On Thu, 23 May 2019 10:48:55 +0200, Adrian Perez de Castro <aperez at igalia.com> wrote:
>>  Hello Denis,
>>
>>  On Wed, 22 May 2019 08:16:03 +0300, Denis Pronin <dannftk at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>
>>  > I utilize libc++ and it is likely the reason of building failed. I suspect
>>  > you have libstdc++ do not experience anything alike
>>  > Confirm, please, if it is the case and tell if my help is required
>>
>>  I did a build passing “-stdlib=libc++” with Clang 7 and it went well so my
>>  suspicion is that you are hitting some issue with the unified sources — I am
>>  checking that now, and I am running into other unrelated build issues when
>>  building with “-DENABLE_UNIFIED_BUILDS=OFF” which I need to fix before :-\
>>
>>  I'll send an update later if I manage to do some progress.
>
> I have been indeed able to reproduce this, and I can confirm it can happen
> when the contents of the unified sources change. You can subscribe to the
> bug report [1] for updates, I expect to upload a patch in the next hour.

While it's great that you are checking that different combinations of compiler
and stdlib can build WebKit without errors, I think in case like this one #include
should be added even if you cannot reproduce error. Code which doesn't include
all used header files and relies on transitive includes is unnecessary fragile, and
including same file several times doesn't incur any visible overhead with modern
compilers (if it has include guard or #pragma once).

--
Regards,
Konstantin