[webkit-gtk] Unable to build dependencies for webkitgtk on raspbian

Alberto Garcia berto at igalia.com
Wed May 8 07:55:49 PDT 2019

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 08:13:14PM +0530, Arvind Arvind Pro wrote:

>    This time the same problem is with libgstreamer1.0-0. The
>    version needed by WebkitGTK is higher than the one in my current
>    OS(Raspbian based on Debian Stretch).

You can lower the GStreamer requirement with -DENABLE_MEDIA_SOURCE=OFF

It is possible to build WebKitGTK in a stretch-based distro (by
disabling Media Source, Woff, and probably OpenJPEG). If you
understand the Debian control files you can have a look at this:

https://salsa.debian.org/webkit-team/webkit/tree/e85a9098147201a6e4872daab01dc796e3652eb5/debian

Berto