[webkit-gtk] Printing from Flatpak not working

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon May 6 05:15:28 PDT 2019

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 6:39 AM, Michael Gratton <mike at vee.net> wrote:
> Yup, but support for that landed in both the portal and GTK ages ago.
> If you're using GtkPrintOperation per the docs[0] it will Just
> Work™, but WebKitGTK has its own WebKitPrintOperation class
> (presumably to support the renderer being out of process) which
> doesn't seem to derive from it.

I don't think there's going to be any way to work around this simpler
than just fixing the bug. It might require that we use the portal D-Bus
API directly in WebKitPrintOperation.

Other things that are still broken in flatpak:

 * Battery status (timers are never throttled, WebKit will eat your
battery)
 * Desktop notifications

Michael