[webkit-gtk] Silently failing to load web extensions

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Fri Jan 18 06:33:28 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 7:04 PM, Michael Gratton <mike at vee.net> wrote:
> So, how about that error reporting? ;)

I don't know. I think really the main way this could break is if you
don't install the web extension into the web extensions directory at
all. And that's easy enough to check in the application without having
to add new WebKit API. Are you aware of other ways web extensions have
broken in practice? That haven't led to CLI warnings (e.g. if a .so
cannot be loaded, there would probably be a CLI warning from the
dynamic linker anyway).