[webkit-gtk] Webkit2 signals/callbacks

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon Feb 4 07:01:27 PST 2019

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 2:46 AM, Daniel Berek <berekdaniel at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi, is there any signal or callback for handling an "onClick" event
> in c++ program (similar to mouse-target-changed)?
> Html sites are loaded with webkit_web_view_load_html() and my goal is
> to process user input, when HTML divs are clicked.
> (or connect the html onClick event through javascriptcore with my
> code)
> Does anybody have any solution for my problem? Thnaks, Daniel

You're going to need to do this in JavaScript, possibly in the web
process using the web process extension API [1]. I don't have any
simple examples, but [2] will at least get you started at running code
in the web process, including the JavaScript under resources/js. Good
luck!

Michael

[1] https://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/ch02.html
[2]