[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK 2.24.4 released!
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Tue Aug 27 15:28:31 PDT 2019
WebKitGTK 2.24.4 is available for download at:
This is a bug fix release in the stable 2.24 series.
What's new in the WebKitGTK 2.24.4 release?
- Updated the user agent string to make happy certain websites which
would claim that the browser being used was unsupported.
- Improve loading of multimedia streams to avoid memory exhaustion due
to excessive caching.
- Fix display of documents with MIME type application/xml in the Web
Inspector, when loaded using XmlHttpRequest.
- Fix a hang while scrolling certain websites which include HLS video
content (Twitter, for example).
- Fix rounding artifacts in volume levels for media playback.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
- Fix the build with video track support disabled.
- Fix the build with OpenGL support disabled.
- Fix build issue which would cause media controls to disappear when
Python 3.x was used during the build process.
What is WebKitGTK?
WebKitGTK is the GNOME platform port of the WebKit rendering engine.
Offering WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based
APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web
integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with us
- Visit our website at https://www.webkitgtk.org, or the upstream
site at https://www.webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read: https://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html.
- Browse the bug list at https://bugs.webkit.org, WebKitGTK bugs are
typically prefixed by "[GTK]." A bug report with a minimal,
reproducible test case is often just as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit and #webkitgtk IRC channels at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the WebKitGTK mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-gtk, or the
WebKit development mailing list,
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release, they
are far too many to list!
The WebKitGTK team,
August 28, 2019
More information about the webkit-gtk