[webkit-gtk] EWS GTK Bots

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Tue Jan 30 05:25:08 PST 2018

On 30/01/18 13:29, Andres Gomez wrote:
> Is the behavour you describe a known problem in GCC 6.x?
>
> I'm asking because I'll be happy to upgrade to a newer version that
> doesn't show this behavior but I'm concerned "fixing" that would be a
> problem regarding the minimal GCC version with which WKGTK+ should be
> building.
>
> Maybe others can comment too.

I don't think the GTK+ EWS bots should need to use a newer version of
GCC than the one is used by the GTK+ buildbots at build.webkit.org (or
the minimum one supported) .

And it is currently our commitment to have 5.x as the minimum supported
version of GCC. This minimum version will be raised over time to adapt
to the desire of using new compiler features.

Here is our policy regarding the minimum versions of GCC supported and
how it evolves over time:
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/GCCRequirement

And here is what each version of GCC supports:
https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-status.html

Not sure if this helps answering your question.