[webkit-gtk] google login

Dennis New dennisn at dennisn.mooo.com
Tue Feb 6 13:36:57 PST 2018

On Sun, 04 Feb 2018 10:37:45 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 5:55 PM, Dennis New
> <dennisn at dennisn.mooo.com> wrote:
> > I recently installed 2.18.6 here in Gentoo. Perhaps it's something
> > with
> > the way I compiled it... I disabled all the available features,
> > except "jit" and "X". I wonder how to go about debugging this,
> > since some of the javascript (yuck) on the page still seems to be
> > working, but none of the "buttons" do anything -- not the "Forgot
> > email?" thing, not the "More options" thing, not the "Next" button
> > -- although they do get highlighted and interact visually.
>
> Ahh, Gentoo... I would first try with the default feature set, since
> that's what all other distros use and the only configuration that's
> regularly tested. If you're lucky and that fixes the issue, then you
> can try to figure out which feature flag is responsible.
>
> In theory, none of the public build flags should affect this, except
> *perhaps* ENABLE_OPENGL. Disabling that would disable 3D transforms,
> and perhaps that could cause the login page to not work. I would try
> again with that, at least, enabled.

Simply enabling opengl didn't fix it. In the meantime, one way to get
around this issue is to disable javascript in the browser, which forces
google to use the non-js version of it's login page. God I hate
javascript. I've never seen the tags and javascript vodoo that google
now uses on that page:

role="button" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false">