[webkit-gtk] google login

Dennis New dennisn at dennisn.mooo.com
Sat Feb 3 15:55:35 PST 2018

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 17:42:08 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Dennis New
> <dennisn at dennisn.mooo.com> wrote:
> > What does your layout look like? In all my webkit-gtk browsers, it
> > looks like this for me, and doesn't work: https://imgur.com/a/6kJ6g
>
> That's the one I see. :/
>
> One last check: what version of WebKitGTK+? It's a known bug in some
> obsolete versions that you shouldn't be using anymore... that's
> probably not the problem, though, as most distros keep WebKitGTK+
> updated nowadays....

I recently installed 2.18.6 here in Gentoo. Perhaps it's something with
the way I compiled it... I disabled all the available features, except
"jit" and "X". I wonder how to go about debugging this, since some of
the javascript (yuck) on the page still seems to be working, but none
of the "buttons" do anything -- not the "Forgot email?" thing, not the
"More options" thing, not the "Next" button -- although they do get
highlighted and interact visually.

And why would it look different in Qt's version of webkit? I tried
using the same useragent as that browser, but didn't get the same
layout.