[webkit-gtk] google login

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Sat Feb 3 09:09:11 PST 2018

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 10:50 AM, Dennis New <dennisn at dennisn.mooo.com>
wrote:
> It's probably a known issue, I remember it's been plaguing me forever
> with all my webkit-gtk browsers (surf, midori, etc), but why doesn't
> google's login page work?
>
>    https://accounts.google.com
>
> None of the buttons or form fields do anything.

It works for me. We'd be getting tons of complaints if other people
couldn't log in to Google. Try clearing cookies, as a first guess. And
make sure JavaScript is enabled.

Have you noticed a redesign in the layout of the page recently?
Sometimes Google releases a new version of its websites for a limited
number of users. In the past, this has caused users who have received
the testing version to be unable to use affected sites (including
accounts.google.com and youtube.com) for several months, until Google
deployed the changes more widely and we were able to test to see why
they're broken. Hopefully that's not the case here....

Michael