[webkit-gtk] Calling a native (compiled) subprogram from JavaScript in WebKitGTK

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Wed Sep 13 06:09:29 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 1:55 AM, Tomas Popela <tpopela at redhat.com>
wrote:
> That's not entirely true. In RHEL 7.4 we introduced a new package
> webkitgtk4 that contains WebKitGTK+ 2.14.7 (it will be rebased to
> 2.16.6 for 7.5), so you could use that one..

Ah, Ludovic, you should definitely switch to that package then.
Migrating from webkit2gtk-3.0 to webkit2gtk-4.0 is very easy (it will
probably require no changes beyond changing the pkg-config version) and
you'll immediately benefit from several years of fixes. There are no
major differences in functionality since you were already using
WebKit2, so my comments hold for both versions.

Michael