[webkit-gtk] Gamepad Support

Adrien Plazas kekun.plazas at laposte.net
Mon Oct 16 13:57:43 PDT 2017

Hi,

I did a quick search into the source code but couldn't find how
WebKitGTK+ handles gamepads. Does it directly handle the gamepads or
does it rely on a library? Using http://html5gamepad.com/ my gamepad
doesn't seem to work on GNOME Web, see the attached screenshot. Is it
implemented at all in WebKitGTK+?

I plan to soonish export the gamepad support from GNOME Games as a
small GObject based library. I would like to use it in Games obviously,
but also on other GNOME softwares like Quadrapassel, Nibbles and maybe
WebKitGTK+.

My ultimate goal is to make gamepad support shine on Linux, creating
and spreading this library is a step in doing so.Ultimately I would
love to have gamepad calibration in GNOME Settings so that all software
using gamepads could benefit from it.

Would you be interested by such a support and dependency?

Adrien Plazas