[webkit-gtk] Support clearing history

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Thu Nov 30 21:56:35 PST 2017

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be nice to have his opinion on the second ticket. But if not
> - if I read the comment from you correctly you said that it would be
> a good idea to expose this API in GTK+. Was this discussed? What was
> the outcome?

We ended up adding WebKitWebViewSessionState, which allowed us to save
and restore the WebKitBackForwardList (and much more!), which is all we
had wanted in the first place. We did not need to be able to do
arbitrary modifications.

> All I'm looking for is a way to clear the history in the browser...

The thing is, WebKitBackForwardList is not persistent browser history,
and I'm not really sure why you're trying to clear it.

Michael