[webkit-gtk] Support clearing history

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Fri Nov 24 16:23:51 PST 2017

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, ALL, Is there a plan to support clearing history in the
> WebKit2GTK? It was therein WebKit1, but apparently the function is
> not there anymore. Thank you.

Hi,

If you mean WebKitBackForwardList, that is indeed read-only. It would
be difficult to change this, and I'm not aware of any compelling use
case for it.

But if you mean clearing browser history... WebKit does not manage
browser history, so that's up to the browser and has nothing to do with
WebKit. Clearing history works fine in Epiphany, for example.

Hope that helps,

Michael