[webkit-gtk] Opening default context menu on mouse release

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Sun May 21 09:16:54 PDT 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 5:08 AM, Peter Hofmann
<webkitlists at uninformativ.de> wrote:

> How would you show a WebKitContextMenu? I couldn't find a function in
> webkit2gtk's API to directly pop up that menu. I guess I'd have to
> inspect the WebKitContextMenu and build a new Gtk menu on my own.

That's the flaw in this plan... WebKit controls when the context menu
is displayed, and all you can do is modify it in the
WebKitWebView::context-menu or WebKitWebPage::context-menu signal
handler... which doesn't give you any opportunity to use a timer.

This is solvable, we just need to come up with an API proposal.

Michael