[webkit-gtk] Clearing the WebKitBackForwardList in WebKit2

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Thu Mar 16 21:28:32 PDT 2017

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> Still, it seems like it ought to be possible to at least clear it
> somehow. Maybe try creating a new WebKitWebViewSessionState and
> restoring it into the web view? I suspect that won't work, but it's
> worth trying.

It appears the only way to get a new WebKitWebViewSessionState is by
deserializing one.  Are you suggesting to serialize one, say, at startup,
and then deserialize/restore it to clear the back forward list?

I was going to ask you how Epiphany does it, but it seems that it doesn't
work quite right there...the back/forward buttons seem to stop working
after clearing history.

Thanks,
Scott