[webkit-gtk] Gtk and WebKit version

Nagendra K pingnagendra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:12:06 PDT 2017

Hi Michael,

I tried to find the  (e.g. r212635 for the webkit-2.16 branch) but could
not map in the link.
Can you help to identify this for me to understand.

Thanks
Nagendra

On 16 Jun 2017 19:44, "Michael Catanzaro" <mcatanzaro at igalia.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:13 AM, Nagendra K <pingnagendra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can someone suggest how to check the WebKit version being used in any gtk
> version.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Nagendra

Hi,

I suggest poking around in http://trac.webkit.org/browser
/webkit/releases/WebKitGTK. Be sure to distinguish between the revision
branched from trunk (e.g. r212635 for the webkit-2.16 branch) and the
revision of the release (e.g. r217366 for 2.16.3). Commits on branches
increment global revision numbers, even though they are unrelated to trunk,
because that's just how SVN works. It can be a bit confusing if you're not
used to it.

If you go up one level, you'll also find tags for some Safari releases,
which is sometimes useful.

Michael