[webkit-gtk] Dark Theme and Web input

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 12:14:04 PDT 2017

I find it hilarious using Dark Theme means nobody can see what they write
on any form online.

The usage of `input { color: ButtonText; }` also makes absolute no sense to
any Web standard, but it's the only way non styled input can show their
text on any regular webpage.

Create a page like the following on GNOME tweaked with adwaita dark theme
and have fun reading your own input:
```html
<!doctype html>
<input>
```

Is there any plan to make WebKit smart enough to have native dark theme
inputs that are readable by default?

To be honest, this is one of the main reason I still use Chromium on GNOME
instead of Web, which also has superior ECMAScript support and native
scripts modules.

Thanks in advance for any sort of outcome.

Best Regards