[webkit-gtk] Remote protocol, websockets, and WebKitGTK 2.18

Nicolas Petton nicolas at petton.fr
Wed Jul 26 12:02:26 PDT 2017

Hi,

I saw here[1] that WebKitGTK 2.18 will stop using websockets for its
remote debugging protocol.

I'm wondering if that means that starting with the next stable release,
using websockets to communicate with the remote target will stop working
at all.

The blog post also mentions that Apple abandoned the websocket approach
some time ago. I don't have a Mac to test it, but I was wondering if
websockets would work with Safari or not.

Thanks,
Nico

[1] https://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2017/05/03/webkitgtk-remote-debugging-in-2-18/