[webkit-gtk] Trying to link to webkit libs

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Fri Feb 10 07:00:00 PST 2017

On 10/02/17 11:11, kwadwo amankwa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to configure webkit so I can use it in a project. I've built the
> source and managed to finally install the release package however it seems
> that the dependencies need to be installed as well. Can anyone tell me how
> to install the dependencies or tell me if I'm even doing it the right way
> at all ?

If you want to install your own build of WebKit2GTK+, you should not use
neither the internal jhbuild nor the build-webkit script.

You should use CMake directly and build against the libraries of your
system.

Also, unless you want to hack on it or use trunk for any specific
reason, its better that you pick one of the released tarballs
<https://webkitgtk.org/releases> and build that instead.

And if you are going to use released tarballs in the end, then another
idea is to switch to a distribution that includes recent WebKit2GTK+
versions already packaged (like Fedora), so you can install it directly
from the distro repository without needed to build it.