[webkit-gtk] Roadmap

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Wed Sep 21 05:28:34 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 08:54 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> I've already removed the tasks done, update some of the ongoing ones,
> and added a few more. Feel free to add new tasks or assign any task
> you.

Hi,

Thanks for working on the roadmap.

I'm not going to ask Iulian to port context menus to GMenu; he's
already done a lot of work, the API he provided is sufficient for
Epiphany, and his GSoC is over. But we do need to do this work and
complete it this cycle, as the first GTK+ 4 release is maybe a month or
so away, and apps using WebKit will not be able to port to GTK+ 4 until
this is finished.

Also I'm not planning to work on sandboxing anymore; it's not relevant
for GNOME as we'll have to disable it in favor of the Flatpak sandbox.
And even if Flatpak wasn't coming, I have about two years' worth of TLS
security features I'd rather work on before sandboxing. I already
deleted all the seccomp filters code; looks like I accidentally left
all the bugs open. Closing them now.

Michael