[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 2.14.0 released!

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Tue Sep 20 08:40:09 PDT 2016

El mar, 20-09-2016 a las 10:35 -0500, Michael Catanzaro escribió:
> On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 15:41 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, I guess it's Mac specific. I'll merge the fix in 2.14 and
> > make
> > a .1 release as soon as it lands in trunk.
>
> I think we shouldn't be making releases just to fix the Mac build;
> it's
> annoying for downstreams.

It turns out it's not mac specific, but clang specific. In any case, I
didn't mean I was going to make a release with that change only, I
would also merge more fixes from trunk that I didn't merge before
because of the hard code freeze.

>  It's inevitable that the Mac build is going
> to be broken in many or most releases, since there is no Mac
> buildbot.
> This needs to be automated.

A mac bot building with clang would catch issues with mac and clang at
the same time. But we need someone who maintains that, very few people
pay attention to current bots, and even fewer people care to fix them
when they are red, so adding another bot that nobody is gong to watch
is pointless.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3