[webkit-gtk] About the policy of (non) updating minimum build-dependencies

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 4 09:59:53 PDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 22:00 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> ?* We support each major Debian version until one year after the
> release of the next major version.
> ?* We support each Ubuntu LTS until one year after the release of the
> next Ubuntu LTS.

That proposed minimum policy also happens to match the current full
support lifetimes for Debian and Ubuntu GNOME (although Debian now has
an LTS initiative and Ubuntu offers some level of support for 5 years
instead of the 3 that Ubuntu GNOME has committed to so far).

I'm hoping that Ubuntu webkit2gtk updates will be quicker in the future
once WSAs are published. I'm guessing that the first major update was
tough.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha