[webkit-gtk] Add API for disabling the accelerated compositing

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Tue Nov 15 02:41:21 PST 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<cgarcia at igalia.com> wrote:

>>  The only way right now to disable the AC is through the environment
>>  variable WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE. I would like to propose
>> the
>>  following API:
>>
>>  void webkit_web_context_set_accelerated_compositing_enabled
>>  (WebKitWebContext *context, gboolean enabled);
>>
>>  gboolean webkit_web_context_get_accelerated_compositing_enabled
>>  (WebKitWebContext *context);
>
> There's already a setting in WebCore, so it would be more natural to
> expose it as a WebKitSetting, we used to have that setting in WebKit1
> indeed.

I'd be interested in this for Geary, for much the same reasons as the
Evo team.

Dumb question, but would a workaround for the moment be to set the
WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE env var from the embedding process
itself, before the WK2 context is initialised, so that AC is
subsequently disabled?

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.