[webkit-gtk] API: impossible to create a webview with context and user content manager

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Thu Mar 31 10:00:06 PDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-31 at 15:26 +0200, Jérémy Lal wrote:
> Or is it
>
> WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW(g_object_new(WEBKIT_TYPE_WEB_VIEW,
>   "user-content-manager", webkit_user_content_manager_new(),
>   "web-context", webContext,
>   NULL
> ));
>
> ?

Yeah.

We can't provide convenience API for every permutation of construct-
only properties, so got to use g_object_new for this. This seems to be
a frequent source of confusion as it's not typically required when
constructing GObjects nowadays; maybe we should add a hint in our
documentation.

Michael