[webkit-gtk] Which Linux distribution is used for buildbot

Adrián Pérez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Thu Jun 2 01:45:50 PDT 2016

Quoting Fujii Hironori (2016-06-02 11:23:15)
> I can not get the same result of run-webkit-tests with buildbot.
> Which Linux distribution is used for buildbot?
> Is there a document about how to setting up the buildbot for WebKitGTK+.

Most buildbots are running Debian 8 (Jessie). If you compile the dependencies
yourself using the included jhbuild module set, build-webkit will use them
instead of the packages supplied by your distribution. This is provided
precisely to allow all contributors to have a similar development environment.
To build the dependencies with jhbuild, we have a script which does it
automatically; from the top-level WebKit source dirctory, run:

  rm -rf WebKitBuild
  ./Tools/Scripts/update-webkitgtk-libs

It might be that removing the build dirctory is not strictly needed, but
if you have the time (and/or a fast build machine) I'd strongly recommend
cleaning the build directory first. Once that script completes, you can
build WebKitGTK normally using:

  ./Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk [options...]

The dependencies built using “update-webkitgtk-libs” will be detected
automatically.

Cheers,

--
 ☛ Adrián