[webkit-gtk] migrating from webkitgtk-1.0 to webkit2gtk

Andres Gomez agomez at igalia.com
Fri Jul 1 16:19:22 PDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-07-01 at 11:22 -0700, Herminio Hernandez, Jr. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am in the process to migrating a web browser named luakit from
> webkitgtk-1.0 to webkit2gtk. I am wondering if there is any
> documentation
> about migrating.
>
> I am already looking over the documentation at webkitgtk.org and also
> working on how to best migrate the code. Any advice would be
> appreciated.

The following information may be interesting for you:
http://aquelando.info/porting-yelp-to-webkit2gtk-three-months-as-an-igalian/
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/WebKitGtk/ProgrammingGuide

Specially the examples of ported apps at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/WebKitGtk/ProgrammingGuide/PortsExamples

Including the bugs in which the port was managed. Yelp's bug would be a
good development story, probably.

--

Br,

Andres