[webkit-gtk] [RFC] New API: support user content filters in WebKitUserContentManager

Adrián Pérez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Mon Feb 22 09:16:38 PST 2016

Quoting Carlos Garcia Campos (2016-02-19 15:06:26)
> El mar, 16-02-2016 a las 17:22 +0200, Adrián Pérez de Castro escribió:
> >
> > If this sounds like a good idea, I can invest some of my time to make it
> > happen — I have implemented most of WebKitUserContentManager and I it does
> > not look like it would take a lot of effort.
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> Proposal looks good to me.

I have started implementing it as proposed. Let's see if just the two
new functions are enough :)

> > --
> >  ⌨ Adrian
> >
> > P.S: I would love to see Epiphany's ad blocking support rewritten to
> > make use
> > of user content filters. I could even try to do that myself as to
> > exercise
> > the new API.
>
> That would be desirable, yes :-)
>
> IIRC Emanuele was also interested in this, and opened bugs.

Looking in the WebKit Bugzilla, I couldn't find those bugs. Do you have a
link at hand, or were them in the GNOME Bugzilla and maybe I should just open
a new bug in the WebKit one to track this?

--
 ⌨ Adrian