[webkit-gtk] When turning ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2 on, build break occurs for webkitgtk-2.8.0 release (webkitgtk-2.8.0.tar.xz) (Error: not declare WebKitDOMMediaKeys)

Huang Xinsheng xinsheng.huang at nagra.com
Sun May 3 18:19:47 PDT 2015

Hi, All:

When turning ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2 on, build break occurs for webkitgtk-2.8.0 release (webkitgtk-2.8.0.tar.xz), and the detailed information is at end of mail.
Does it mean the we still have the following two issues for support EME in webkitgtk-2.8.0 release?

1.      The build system still need some change to fix the build break when enabling ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2.

2.      The EME related implementation for gstreamer (WebCore\platform\graphics\gstreamer) may still NOT be done.

Please also help to answer the additional questions for EME support:

A.     Which port of webkitgtk-2.8.0 already supports ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2,  EFL, MAC, or windows?

B.     Whether it is easy to fix the above possible issue 1 and 2, and is there any change list we can refer from other port?

C.     Have we fixed the above possible issue 1 and 2 in the latest code of webkitgtk? Or, do we have any plan to do it?

D.     For support EME in webkitgtk, is there any other issue except the above 1 and 2?
Thanks a lot.

//Detailed information  for build break

*        Enable EME by turning it on in the following 2 files:

./Source/cmake/OptionsGTK.cmake:WEBKIT_OPTION_DEFAULT_PORT_VALUE(ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2 ON)

./Source/cmake/WebKitFeatures.cmake:    WEBKIT_OPTION_DEFINE(ENABLE_ENCRYPTED_MEDIA_V2 "Support EME v2" ON)

*        The build error is as below, which should AT LEAST mean the necessary EME-related idl files are NOT added to the build system in webkitgtk-2.8.0.

[ 80%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/GObjectDOMBindings.dir/bindings/gobject/WebKitDOMEventTarget.cpp.o

[ 80%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/GObjectDOMBindings.dir/bindings/gobject/WebKitDOMHTMLPrivate.cpp.o

In file included from /home/a/webkitgtk-2.8.0/DerivedSources/webkitdom/WebKitDOMHTMLAudioElement.h:27:0,

                 from /home/a/webkitgtk-2.8.0/DerivedSources/webkitdom/WebKitDOMHTMLAudioElementPrivate.h:25,

                 from /home/a/webkitgtk-2.8.0/Source/WebCore/bindings/gobject/WebKitDOMHTMLPrivate.cpp:151:

/home/a/webkitgtk-2.8.0/DerivedSources/webkitdom/WebKitDOMHTMLMediaElement.h:153:86: error: 'WebKitDOMMediaKeys' has not been declared

webkit_dom_html_media_element_webkit_set_media_keys(WebKitDOMHTMLMediaElement* self, WebKitDOMMediaKeys* mediaKeys);

*        Build command:  (Refer from link http://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2014/08/01/webkitgtk-2-5-1-good-bye-webkit1/):
tar -xJf webkitgtk-2.8.0.tar.xz
cd webkitgtk-2.8.0
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX= -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib -DPORT=GTK -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .
make -j 6

Best Regards
Eric