[webkit-gtk] Wrong display of checkbox

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Jan 27 16:22:01 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Adrien Schwartzentruber
<adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I compiled webkitgtk-2.6.4 and I observed that the checkbox apparence
> miss the arrow.
>
> Does someone have an idea of the cause of this behavior ?
>

> Regards,
> Adrien

What version of GTK+ are you using? Checkboxes changed in GTK+ 3.14
with the addition of GTK_STATE_FLAG_CHECKED. I have two thoughts:

* What GTK+ theme are you using? If it's something other than Adwaita
and you're using GTK+ 3.14, then it's possible the theme is
incompatible with GTK+ 3.14; specifically, it may not have been updated
to use GTK_STATE_FLAG_CHECKED. (Unfortunately, GTK+ themes must be
regularly updated for changes like this.) But if your theme is to
blame, then GtkCheckButton should be broken in all GTK+ applications,
not just WebKitGTK+.

* We tried to make 2.6 compatible with whatever version of GTK+ it is
compiled against. Maybe there's a bug when compiled against older GTK+,
but this seems unlikely since in that case the code should be the same
as it always was. There's also the unlikely possibility that you
compiled WebKitGTK+ against a different version of GTK+ than you're
running it with.