[webkit-gtk] Upgrading to newer version of webkit - need help.

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon Jan 12 11:06:07 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Niranjan Rao <nhrdls at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Michael,
>
> I forgot to mention, we are using Webkit2

OK, then I would just upgrade straight to 2.6. It should be smooth. The
pkg-config file changed from webkit2gtk-3.0 to webkit2gtk-4.0 to
reflect some minor API changes, but they [might not, probably won't]
affect you at all and they should be easy to handle if so. [1]
describes all of the changes you can expect.

> For poodle, we do export the environment variable - same entry you
> have mentioned. In fact you gave us the string back in November.
> This fixed some sites, but broke others. Right now we enable/disable
> environment variable based on site. Based on your comments, this may
> not help us more in that direction.
>
> If you still want (as you mentioned on Nov 17th mail on same list), I
> can try to get you list of sites where it breaks.

I'm definitely interested in knowing which sites you've discovered are
broken with and without %LATEST_RECORD_VERSION in the priority string,
when -VERS-SSL3.0 is also present in the priority string. (I don't
really care what sites are broken by -VERS-SSL3.0, as it's not
reasonable to enable SSLv3 anymore and Firefox has already dropped it
as well.)

Thanks,

Michael

[1]