[webkit-gtk] webkit-gtk 2.4.8 on NetBSD with gtk3 and WebKit 2.0 API build issues

Leonardo Taccari iamleot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 06:57:42 PST 2015

Hello to the entire webkit-gtk community,
I am trying to fix the wip/webkit-gtk3[0][1] package that we have on
pkgsrc[2] that has the GTK+ 3.0 support and WebKit 2.0 API support.
For a list of patches applied please give a look here[3].

The build fails when (a complete build log error is attached[4]):

 CXXLD    Programs/WebKitPluginProcess
 Source/WebKit2/PluginProcess/Programs_WebKitPluginProcess-PluginControllerProxy.o: In function `_ZN6WebKit21PluginControllerProxy5paintEv':
 PluginControllerProxy.cpp:(.text+0x79f): undefined reference to `_ZN7WebCore9FloatRectC1ERKNS_7IntRectE'
 PluginControllerProxy.cpp:(.text+0x7ba): undefined reference to `_ZN7WebCore15GraphicsContext9clearRectERKNS_9FloatRectE'
 Source/WebKit2/PluginProcess/Programs_WebKitPluginProcess-PluginControllerProxy.o: In function `_ZN6WebKit21PluginControllerProxy10invalidateERKN7WebCore7IntRectE':

...but we have a warning also here (before the linking phase of
WebKitPluginProcess):

 /usr/bin/ar: libWebCoreLayerGtk2.a: Malformed archive
 [ar(1) error repeated ~100 times]
 /usr/bin/ar: libWebCoreLayerGtk2.a: Malformed archive
 GEN      libWebCoreLayerGtk2.a

I have tried to investigate regarding the WebKitPluginProcess linking
phase issue... It seems that it is the only component in webkit-gtk that
needs both gtk-2.0 and gtk-3.0 (according GNUmakefile). And
WebKitPluginProcess seems correctly linked to both (I will attach also a
.work.log[5] in order to see the exact commands that are invoked).

Anyone has got an idea regarding how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your attention!
Ciao,
L.

[0]: http://pkgsrc-wip.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgsrc-wip/wip/webkit-gtk3/
[1]: http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/www/webkit-gtk/?only_with_tag=MAIN